Monday, September 9, 2019

Why Do I Rock My Red Shoes?


Today is International Fetal Alcohol Awareness Day.  I am rocking my Red Shoes.
Our logo says "Start the Conversation... Ask me"  FASD  Red Shoes Rock.

Why do I rock my Red Shoes?

For my children who were born affected by prenatal alcohol exposures.
For all children who have yet to be born with FASD.
For all the families who are raising children with FASD
For all the children who have yet to be diagnosed with FASD.
For all the adults who are living with FASD.
For all the adults who do not know that they have FASD.
For all the individuals who have a lifetime of medical and chronic illnesses because of FASD.
For all those who are supporting those with FASD
For all the teachers and schools who do not know how to help children who have FASD.
For all the communities who do not know how to help children & families who are affected by FASD
For all the medical and mental health professionals who need to know about FASD.
For all the researchers who are trying to find answers to help those with FASD.
For all the systems that have yet to find supports for those with FASD
For all the governments that need to learn so that they can support those with FASD.
For the world to wake up to the knowledge about FASD
For my daughter who died because she had FASD.

Anny

No comments:

Post a Comment